Having done relief teaching for a Primary 2 class as a form teacher in 2006 was actually a dream come true. However, a pass in A Levels did not guarantee me a spot in NIE then. Even a First Class Honours degree didn't grant me a chance to be selected for interview with NIE.
Seriously.
Majoring in accounts was an easy way out for me in 2006, when there seemed to be no other options for me. I didn't regret taking accounts. I learnt new things, met new friends and colleagues throughout the years. However, job satisfaction just wasn't there. Even though I had a stable job, I was still unhappy.
I didn't know why I had the courage to brave a career change at the age of 28 but I'm glad I did it. I quit my job in June to enjoy my Hokkaido trip in peace and then applied for NIE for the nth time. Four months later, I had my answer again.
Negative.
Negative.
Negative.
Freaking negative again.
I've had it. Is it so difficult for me just to teach? Something which I know for sure I will enjoy doing?
Then, an idea hit me.
I applied for teaching position with several tuition centres and I'm officially going to start work as a full-time tutor tomorrow. I'm so excited! Been brushing up on my syllabus for the past few weeks even since my interview. I know, I know--I should have started earlier but I was just too engrossed enjoying my long break. It isn't too late to start, is it?
I'm so blessed to have the support of my loving mum, my doting boyfriend and my encouraging bff. Things will definitely work out well. I'll have my well deserved work-life balance.
My dear students, here I come~

0 comments:
Post a Comment