School term starts. First lecture - Taxation.
First thing to do in class: self-introduction coz lecturer wanna know what industry we are working in.
My name was first on the list coz a few others ahead of me were not present at the time of self-introduction. This is the conversation.
Me: I am currently not working, but my previous job was relief teaching.
Lecturer: Oh, teacher. What do you hope to get out of this job?
Me: *What kinda question is tt?* I duno? Erm.. Basic knowledge that will help me to perform better in job?
Lecturer: You mean you do not have the basic knowledge?
Me: *#$#$!#^%$????* Huh? Knowledge lah. Get knowledge to work in organizations. *Dumb ah?* ^^"
Classmate J: Oh, she means get the basic knowledge for PhD.
Lecturer: Oh, that I can accept.
Me: !???? =.="""
Haha.. The self-intro was fun lah. We've got quite a lot of ppl working in different banks in our class. Got one work in casino sia!! No play play! Hahas.. In the end, the lecturer remembers us by our profession and not our names. ^^"
Then comes the topic of taxation. Dunno why the lecturer suddenly asked me if I need to pay tax. ^^" I told her no even though I am not really sure. But I didn't pay in 2006 so i figured that I have no nid to pay this yr as well. Then we argued. I say even if I nid to pay, it would have already been done for me. ^^" Crapping right?
Then, I just researched online.
Only if your previous year income is $22,000 or more then u nid to file for income tax.
Didn't the lecturer know that? Make me anxious throughout the whole class for nothing, thinking that I need to pay tax. Phew... And my total RT pay is much much much lesser than that 22k lo! T_T
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment